Sunday, July 7, 2013

Working my way back to Zero!


7.7.13

I have blogged right past a new birthday. Since I am counting backward from 60 trying to make it to zero and in 6 years I will be the same age as my first born. I wonder how that will work I will eventually slide passed each of my off spring.

Time not working has been quite fascinating. I have often been under the weather (euphemism for feeling like crap) and that has passed I am grateful.. I have managed to purge a small amount of ‘things’ that were bogging me down. I actually installed a sliding basket from The Container Store in one of my kitchen cabinets (all other I needed to ask for assistance to install. ) These little amenities have made my life a bit more convenient. I enjoy them more than I should. What can I say I like my creature comforts! I had great ideas about what retirement would bring… and attached to each… like in the life of me as a working woman there are $$$$ attached. Creating simple days challenges my brain.. Fortunately this being summer I can in~joy the pool that is a major part of the HOA fees I pay.. I am an unabashed sun worshiper.

So at this point retirement has granted me the luxuries of cleaning my dwelling (I no longer have to live with the woman who doesn’t have time to clean and shop). I get to appreciate time spent by the pool which I have been paying for the 12 years that I have lived in this condo.
I am having an adventure finding ways to fill my day with more time than ideas rather than the opposite.

In my future I see visions of a couple classes that engage me creatively, movement that supports my health and the GRANDLOVES!

#retirement #simple life

No comments: